Just like at Grandma's

I was little too ambitious this morning, Tuesday April, 3. I went to my first class thinking getting out of the house would be good for me, however I was absolutely miserable and came home early. Upon returning home, Cristina took good care of me. She made me tea and toast in the afternoon, and kept asking if there was anything she could do – so kind!

  I told Cristina I would like some kind of soup or broth for dinner, as my stomach was telling me “proceed with caution”. Upon sitting down to dinner I was presented with small pasta in chicken broth that tasted exactly like the sick remedy my grandmother makes, “chicken broth soup”. With the warm broth and chewy pasta it reminded of being at Grandma’s house. It was the perfect meal for my stomach.


 I love being taken care of. At school it’s always fend-for-yourself, so in that respect, this semester has been a nice change. My laundry is washed and folded on the weekends, the bathroom is cleaned every week and dinner is on the table at 7:30 every night. And to think I was apprehensive about living in a home stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment