The Girl Behind the Blog

In college, Sundays are “work days”. At school, this means spending hours at the Library doing homework before classes begin on Monday, and time goes out the window. In Florence, however, I don’t find myself having an overwhelming amount of schoolwork. Instead Sunday “work days” have become “blog days” – my independent study project if you will.

As many other abroad students do, I started this blog when I came abroad not only as a way to share my experiences with family and friends but as a way to document my time abroad. My blog is more for me than for anyone else for I can look back on each post and read about details of my trips I can no longer recall from memory.

Although I know I will be thankful I documented my semester from years to come, I must say it is a lot if work! The commitment to posting everyday is definitely a large undertaking, and I often find myself spending more time blogging than doing school work. (Don’t worry my grades are not suffering). Although I know I do not NEED to post everyday, there are small details of my everyday life here in Italy that I want to remember and cherish forever – like the three course dinners every night, the afternoon runs along the river, or the time spent with new friends.


No matter how much work it takes, I am happy to be blogging my way through Europe
J

No comments:

Post a Comment