Healthy and Cheap – Me or my food?

Today, Monday, January 30, I decided to try out the school bar for lunch, located right in our school building, the Villa Rossa. Many students head here to grab a cheap panino for lunch, buy an orange, or enjoy an afternoon coffee. The staff is always smiling and the food is cheap. I got a crisp fresh salad with romaine, tomatoes, corn, and cheese. While most cafes in Florence have cheap paninis ranging from 2- 5 Euro, most salads are almost 8! – Hence deterring me from the healthy option. At our little campus bar however, my salad was only 2 Euro and after a drizzle of balsamic vinegar it was delicious! I will definitely be frequenting this lunch option.


To start off tonight’s dinner we had a first course of hot mushroom risotto – possibly one of favorite dishes yet! We then enjoyed sautéed fish, peas and salad, with fruit for dessert. Upon finishing our meal Cristina suggested a card game. Although I was tired after a long day, and had things to do, I couldn’t pass up a game of Baracco! Tonight we taught Ali how to play, and played in teams. Cristina and I were the winners while Marco was very upset with his lack of fortune. Can’t wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment