Farewell Irish Jigs

When packing for spring break, I went back and forth on whether or not to bring my running gear. Good thing I did because I put it to use this morning as well as yesterday morning! My Thursday started out with a refreshing run along Dublin’s River Liffey which was beautiful with its many bridges. Today started out similarly with a run through St. Stephen’s green. Running is truly my favorite way to experience a new city. You can cover so much ground in a short amount of time and just take in the sites, sounds and essence of a city. The running shoes were a good idea! I came home to find the other two reading away in their beds. I guess it was a lovely relaxing morning for us all! We are soaking up our last day of vacation.


Without many plans today, we headed out to walk around the city, hitting Grafton Street, and doing some shopping at our new favorite store – Penny’s! (Similar to a target but much better since it’s in Ireland) We tried to fit in all the sites in our first two days in Dublin in order to make the end of our trip more relaxing and enjoyable. On that relaxing note, this afternoon we went to a restaurant called “Queen of Tarts” for some traditional afternoon tea and scones. The place was so adorable and the scones so delicious! – Blueberry scone for me.



For our last dinner in Ireland we went all out – a three course dinner and a show! We all thought it was necessary to see some Irish dancing while we were here so found a restaurant that was hosting this deal. Was great fun and felt so special. The courses I picked was a goat cheese salad to start, vegetable pot pie (the vegetarian option), and raspberry cheesecake for dessert. Although everything was good, the pot pie was a little too rich for my stomach to handle. The show was great fun, seeing live Irish music and Irish dancing. The dancing reminds me of the days I did a similar jig – I so wish I stuck with Irish dancing!


Although we are all sad to leave tomorrow, tonight was a great way to end our vacation in Ireland. We all absolutely loved Ireland and are already planning our reunion journey when we are 30. Not only did I fall in love with the country but I got to spend some quality time with my great friends Claire and Tiffany. We could not stop getting excited to live with each other next year! Now if only we could live in Ireland


No comments:

Post a Comment